About Me

My photo
Dawn is a watercolor and collage artist, writer, Host of #JournalChat Live and Creative and Social Media Consultant. She enjoys sharing insights, humor, and encouragement as she shares from her life experiences. She enjoys keeping a journal and reading spiritual texts to help keep the light on. Hope you enjoy perusing the blog posts and in the process, get to know her a bit better. Enjoy your stay!

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Light on the Budget: Simplicity is Key!

If you're looking for tips on keeping prices low on your kid's birthday party planning, Lisa Steinke provides a great list anyone could love. From Dollar Store finds to just keeping it simple; then there's the idea of asking your child what he/she would like.

I find when I make a Birthday Wall for my daughters, I keep it simple and apply what I know about them right now toward what I create. When I take the time to ask what they like right now, that goes a long way toward making the most meaningful visual display possible. It always amazes them how well they are represented in all of their interesting, personal facets. Their surprise never grows old.

No comments:

Post a Comment