About Me

My photo
Dawn is a watercolor and collage artist, writer, Host of #JournalChat Live and Creative and Social Media Consultant. She enjoys sharing insights, humor, and encouragement as she shares from her life experiences. She enjoys keeping a journal and reading spiritual texts to help keep the light on. Hope you enjoy perusing the blog posts and in the process, get to know her a bit better. Enjoy your stay!

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

It Doesn't Have to be Complicated

I always appreciate simplicity, whether in the home, office, or in my approach to celebrating. And often when you keep it simple, it's also less expensive. That's why I like Sarah Fernandez's approach to birthday party planning. She details several issues, from number of invites to simple menus, to help keep things simple and less costly in her article,  5 Ways to Throw a Fabulous Birthday Party on a Budget.

I take the same approach when planning a birthday wall for my daughters. There are several factors involved such as how many greetings to include, what images would be the most meaningful, and what theme approach would have the most effect. I share about all these issues in my book: The Birthday Wall: Create a Collage to Celebrate Your Child.

Showing how much you love your child doesn't have to be complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment